Cryogenic Technician – Grand Rapids, MI
We are looking to fill an opening for a full-time Cryogenic Technician position in Grand Rapids, Michigan. This position will be responsible for installing, servicing, and maintaining cryogenic equipment and specialized application equipment installations at customer facilities and at Purity’s own facilities. The Cryogenic Technician will install new bulk gas systems and piping, perform routine maintenance on existing gas systems, and perform other cryogenic gas system maintenance and upgrades. Successful candidates for this position without cryogenic systems experience often have HVAC, plumbing, or mechanical/maintenance backgrounds.
- Perform service work on Purity and customer tanks and gases/liquid systems.
- Perform annual inspections and recommend needed maintenance and upgrades.
- Maintain specialized food and application equipment for customers.
- Perform cryogenic bulk tank & piping installations.
- Responsible for operating and the Purity owned service vehicle.
- Other duties as needed.
- Communication – Able to understand and carry out written and oral instructions. Able to fill out work reports, time sheets and expense reports on a timely basis
- Physical – Capable of working at the customer’s site and in the office, driving Purity service vehicles to and from customers, lifting and move heavy objects (pipe etc.), and able to work on ladders and lifts.
- Aptitude – Able to work as a team player with your supervisor and fellow employees, take pride in the quality of work, understand control systems and drawings, and follow through on tasks and projects to completion without reminders.
- Flexibility – In very rare circumstances, must be available for occasional early/late installs, out-of-town overnight installs, and some after-hours emergency calls.
- Experience – High School or better diploma preferred. Prior cryogenic experience preferred but not required.
General Labor: Cylinder Painter – Grand Rapids, MI
We are looking to fill the Cylinder Painter/General Labor position with a candidate that will be expected to maintain the appearance of cylinders in the Grand Rapids fill plants. This position will also, back up other positions in the plant as needed.
The Cylinder Painter/General Labor position has a base hourly wage with piecework component and will be part of the quarterly bonus program the company offers to all employees. Flexible hours and up to full-time work in the summer and part-time work for the rest of the year. Great opportunity for someone who is in school looking for a job to earn good money wants a flexible schedule that will accommodate school schedules that change frequently.
- Painting cylinders.
- Shot blasting cylinders.
- Refurbishing liquid cylinder exteriors.
- Possibly some back up of other plant workers.
- Communications – able to understand and carry out oral instructions, be able to read and carry out written instructions, able to read and verify things such as numbers and labels.
- Physical – ability to move heavy objects (60 lbs.), ability to move cylinders around the plant.
- Aptitude – able to work as a team player with your supervisor and fellow employees, take pride in the quality of your work, and good with basic math.
- Must be at least 16 years old (18 years or older preferred, but not required).
Stop in and apply Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM at 2580 28th Street SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49509 and we’ll interview you on the spot.
Shipping and Receiving – Grand Rapids, MI
We are looking to fill an opening for a Warehouse / Shipping and Receiving position in Grand Rapids, Michigan. This position will be a combination of shipping and receiving and warehouse functions and backup in customer service. This position is also responsible for processing inbound and outbound orders, shipping and receiving, assisting customers in person and on the phone, and potentially taking care of some key accounts. This position will also be responsible for processing inbound and outbound paperwork and recording inventory and orders in the computer system.
- Processing inbound and outbound inventory.
- Pull orders for local deliveries and warehousing.
- Monitor certain inventory repairs.
- Maintain the warehouse in a neat and orderly manner.
- Attend certain compliance and product knowledge trainings.
- Work with customers on orders.
- Other inventory tracking such as physical counts.
- Communication – Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Physical – Ability to move heavy objects (60lbs or more).
- Aptitude – Ability to work as a team player, take pride if the quality of work produced, work with computers, and compute numbers.
- Experience – High School or better diploma preferred, work with computers and MS Office products preferred.
- Industry Knowledge – Experience in welding, gases, and/or industrial sales & support preferred, but not required.
Local Route Driver – Grand Rapids, MI & Kalamazoo, MI & Warsaw, IN
We are looking for responsible Local Route Drivers who have a passion for our customers and our products. As a Route Delivery Driver, you are responsible for the handling heavy cylinders and inventory and face-to-face interactions with our customers. Class A CDL and Hazmat not required, but candidates must be willing to obtain with the help of the company.
This position will have a local delivery route and deliver industrial gas cylinders and industrial supplies. The local route will be daytime hours and get you home every night (no overnights).
- Deliver industrial gas cylinders and welding supplies daily to customers.
- Process billing paperwork in an accurate and neat manner.
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect, and operate a delivery vehicle.
- Accurately account for all cylinders leaving and what is returned.
- Attend periodic compliance and safety trainings.
- Follow DOT regulations and safety standards
- Valid driver’s license required.
- CDL Class A with Hazmat Endorsement preferred. Willing to train the right candidate.
- Willingness to obtain your Class A CDL with Hazmat endorsement required.
- Ability to move heavy objects (60 pounds or more).
- Ability to operate forklifts and tractors in a variety of weather and traffic conditions.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Good driving record with no traffic violations.
- High school degree.
Inside Sales / Backup Driver – Michigan: Gaylord & Lansing; Indiana: Pierceton & Elkhart
This position will be a combination of inside customer service and local delivery driving. The customer service portion is responsible for processing orders, shipping and receiving, assisting customers in person and on the phone, taking personal care of some key accounts, and supporting the outside sales force as needed. The driving portion includes local deliveries to customers of compressed gas cylinders and welding supplies. The time allocated to customer service and driving will fluctuate based on customer demand.
- Works closely with and provides support to outside sales team.
- Perform various customer service activities including processing orders in person and via phone.
- Perform inventory functions on hard goods and cylinders.
- Attend product knowledge and sales training (including basic welding classes).
- Drive local route truck and deliver products to customers.
- Load and unload products on and off the truck.
- Currently have or willingness to obtain a Class A CDL and needed endorsements.
- Communication – Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions
- Physical – Ability to move heavy objects (60 pounds or more)
- Aptitude – Ability to work as a team player, take pride if the quality of work produced, work with computers, and compute numbers
- Experience – High School or better diploma preferred, work with computers and MS Office products preferred
Outside Sales – Traverse City, MI
We currently have 2 Outside Sales openings within the company, one in Angola, Indiana and one in Traverse City, Michigan. Both both positions are in established territories with existing customers, but also offer growth with new customers and additional product offerings in new industries.
We are looking for an Outside Sales Representative that will serve our customers by promoting and selling products, creating value, and cultivating long-term relationships. This position will work with existing customers to maintain relationships and call on new prospects. Our ideal Outside Sales Representative should have a strong work ethic and enjoy being out in the field every day.
- Service existing accounts by obtaining orders, provide technical support, and build relationships throughout the account.
- Prospect for new business by cold calling on a weekly basis.
- Prepare sales proposals, process improvements, cost savings, and present to customers.
- Use CRM software to record calls, expenses, activities, and comments.
- Consistently increase sales and gross margin annually based on Corporate Goals.
- Resolve any customer complaints and provide a solution to avoid a problem in the future.
- Attend product knowledge and sales training classes.
- Able to work as a team player with your supervisor and fellow employees.
- Able to read, carry out oral/written instructions, and verify & compute numbers.
- Have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a vehicle in most weather conditions.
- Ability to move heavy objects (60 pounds or more).
- High School or better diploma preferred.
- Work with computers and MS Office products preferred.