Welding and Manufacturing Automation Specialist – Grand Rapids, MI
The Welding and Manufacturing Automation Specialist works independently and jointly with Account Managers to evaluate and help improve customer’s operational efficiencies and quality in the areas of welding, cutting, finishing, and other manufacturing processes. They will combine time in the field at customer sites and in the office to evaluate customer situations, understand their objectives and goals, and make proposals for improvements. They will also assist with installation, training, troubleshooting, and maintenance of customer automation equipment as needed.
- Support customers with their robotic welding requirements within Purity’s capabilities.
- Support customer operational efficiencies and quality improvements in their welding processes and other manufacturing areas.
- Help install welding automation cells/components and train customers on new and existing welding cells as needed.
- Perform day to day sales and customer tech support.
- Participate in supplier-based trainings and obtain any needed tech certifications (Lincoln, OTC, Fanuc, Bug-O, Lonestar Cutting, etc.).
- Conduct and participate in training with customers and Purity sales team as needed for welding, automation, and other areas supported by Purity.
- Develop new business through prospecting and leads provided by sales and vendors and help grow existing accounts to help meet company sales growth goals.
- Strong technical skills: Able to program and operate robotic welding equipment.
- Welding Engineer Degree preferred. CWI and CWE would be helpful, but not required.
- Able to work independently, and as a team player with supervisor and fellow employees
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Good computer skills: ERP software, MS office, CRM Program, and able to conduct and participate in virtual meetings
- Effective Communicator: Good listener, good written and oral presentation skills, and commitment to follow-up in a timely manner.
- Able to present sales proposals to all levels of management as needed.
- Occasionally lift to 60 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a vehicle in most weather conditions.
Local Route Driver – Muskegon MI & Pierceton, IN
We are looking for responsible Local Route Drivers who have a passion for our customers and our products. As a Route Delivery Driver, you are responsible for the handling heavy cylinders and inventory and face-to-face interactions with our customers. Class A CDL and Hazmat not required, but candidates must be willing to obtain with the help of the company.
This position will have a local delivery route and deliver industrial gas cylinders and industrial supplies. The local route will be daytime hours and get you home every night (no overnights).
- Deliver industrial gas cylinders and welding supplies daily to customers.
- Process billing paperwork in an accurate and neat manner.
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect, and operate a delivery vehicle.
- Accurately account for all cylinders leaving and what is returned.
- Attend periodic compliance and safety trainings.
- Follow DOT regulations and safety standards
- Valid driver’s license required.
- CDL Class A with Hazmat Endorsement preferred. Willing to train the right candidate.
- Willingness to obtain your Class A CDL with Hazmat endorsement required.
- Ability to move heavy objects (60 pounds or more).
- Ability to operate forklifts and tractors in a variety of weather and traffic conditions.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Good driving record with no traffic violations.
- High school degree.
Inside Sales / Backup Driver – Pierceton, IN & Fort Wayne, IN
This position will be a combination of inside customer service and local delivery driving. The customer service portion is responsible for processing orders, shipping and receiving, assisting customers in person and on the phone, taking personal care of some key accounts, and supporting the outside sales force as needed. The driving portion includes local deliveries to customers of compressed gas cylinders and welding supplies. The time allocated to customer service and driving will fluctuate based on customer demand.
- Works closely with and provides support to outside sales team.
- Perform various customer service activities including processing orders in person and via phone.
- Perform inventory functions on hard goods and cylinders.
- Attend product knowledge and sales training (including basic welding classes).
- Drive local route truck and deliver products to customers.
- Load and unload products on and off the truck.
- Currently have or willingness to obtain a Class A CDL and needed endorsements.
- Communication – Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions
- Physical – Ability to move heavy objects (60 pounds or more)
- Aptitude – Ability to work as a team player, take pride if the quality of work produced, work with computers, and compute numbers
- Experience – High School or better diploma preferred, work with computers and MS Office products preferred
Regional Branch Manager – Southern Michigan & Northern Indiana
Due to continued growth we are looking to add a Regional Branch Manager. This manager would oversee our branch locations in Angola, Elkhart, Fort Wayne, Pierceton, and Warsaw, Indiana and Kalamazoo and Battle Creek, Michigan. This position will be responsible for leading, managing, and holding accountable all branch employees to Purity’s Core Values and processes. This position will be responsible for positive continuous improvement, communication and continuity between corporate and the branches, new branch openings, staff development and succession, and continued product and geographic growth.
- Lead, manage and hold accountable branch managers in their region, including performing formal reviews, plan and lead manager meetings, assist managers with staffing needs, and train new branch managers as needed.
- Promote Corporate Goals, including working with Corporate Operations groups for continuity of best practices among all locations.
- Mentor branches on Traction meeting management.
- Report and ensure locations are meeting branch metrics, including asset utilization and productivity.
- Lead new store openings operations and staffing needs.
- Communications – Able to understand and carry out written and oral instructions. Be comfortable speaking to employees and management regarding sometimes difficult situations.
- Aptitude – Able to work as a team player that promotes the Purity Core Values, take pride in the quality of work, spot inconsistencies in documents and procedures, and good decision-making/problem-solving skill.
- Flexibility – Must be willing to work overtime when workload demands it. Must be able to manage several projects and reporting at once – Must be able to travel often, occasionally overnight trips.
- Experience – High School or better diploma preferred. Knowledge of basic computer programs like Microsoft office products (Experience with industry software, CU, preferred, but not required.