Outside Sales Representative (Bulk Gas Specialist) – Grand Rapids, MI
The Outside Sales Bulk Gas Specialist position is based in the Grand Rapids, Michigan location, and will help support the full territory of Michigan and northern Indiana. The Bulk Gas Specialist role will focus on customers and prospects that currently utilize bulk gas in their operations and customers who would benefit from converting from cylinder gas to bulk. The position will support an established territory with existing customers, but also offers significant growth with new customers and additional product offerings in new industries. The Bulk Gas Sales Specialist is directly responsible for executing the company specific bulk gas product marketing and sales growth plans through direct sales and working with internal sales people.
This is a full time position that will serve our customers by promoting and selling products, creating value for customers/prospects, and cultivating long-term relationships. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, enjoy working out in the field at current and potential customer sites, and work/communicate well with customers, prospects, and other general salespeople within the company.
- Provide leadership and direction for all aspects of bulk gases.
- Deliver overall top line performance in line with established sales goals.
- Initiate customer sales calls independently and make sales call with the sales staff when requested.
- Actively participate in Sales meetings and push bulk gas initiatives to the field through the Regional sales managers.
- Ability to build effective relationships with all levels and roles both within Purity and outside the organization.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel with possible overnight stays.
- Ability to analyze a business opportunity and develop a successful sales strategy to acquire new business.
- Possess skills in working with Microsoft Office and relevant industry standard software.
- Able to write letters and quotations for customers and potential customers.
- Able to negotiate agreements and pricing for all bulk accounts.
- Able to secure appointments with and make presentations to top level decision makers.
- Have outside territory sales experience of more than 3 years.
Local Route Driver – Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo & Milford, MI
We are looking for responsible Local Route Drivers who have a passion for our customers and our products. As a Route Delivery Driver, you are responsible for the handling heavy cylinders and inventory and face-to-face interactions with our customers. Class A CDL and Hazmat not required, but candidates must be willing to obtain with the help of the company.
This position will have a local delivery route and deliver industrial gas cylinders and industrial supplies. The local route will be daytime hours and get you home every night (no overnights).
- Deliver industrial gas cylinders and welding supplies daily to customers.
- Process billing paperwork in an accurate and neat manner.
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect, and operate a delivery vehicle.
- Accurately account for all cylinders leaving and what is returned.
- Attend periodic compliance and safety trainings.
- Follow DOT regulations and safety standards
- Valid driver’s license required.
- CDL Class A with Hazmat Endorsement preferred. Willing to train the right candidate.
- Willingness to obtain your Class A CDL with Hazmat endorsement required.
- Ability to move heavy objects (60 pounds or more).
- Ability to operate forklifts and tractors in a variety of weather and traffic conditions.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Good driving record with no traffic violations.
- High school degree.
Inside Sales / Backup Driver – Milford, MI
This position will be a combination of inside customer service and local delivery driving. The customer service portion is responsible for processing orders, shipping and receiving, assisting customers in person and on the phone, taking personal care of some key accounts, and supporting the outside sales force as needed. The driving portion includes local deliveries to customers of compressed gas cylinders and welding supplies. The time allocated to customer service and driving will fluctuate based on customer demand.
- Works closely with and provides support to outside sales team.
- Perform various customer service activities including processing orders in person and via phone.
- Perform inventory functions on hard goods and cylinders.
- Attend product knowledge and sales training (including basic welding classes).
- Drive local route truck and deliver products to customers.
- Load and unload products on and off the truck.
- Currently have or willingness to obtain a Class A CDL and needed endorsements.
- Communication – Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions
- Physical – Ability to move heavy objects (60 pounds or more)
- Aptitude – Ability to work as a team player, take pride if the quality of work produced, work with computers, and compute numbers
- Experience – High School or better diploma preferred, work with computers and MS Office products preferred